CSV mode option for pg_dump

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date: 2006-06-12 17:12:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Something someone said on IRC just now triggered a little memory ... I
think we should provide an option to have pg_dump work in CSV mode
rather than text mode. This probably doesn't have much importance in the
case of text dumps, but in custom or tar dumps where you might want to
get at individual data members, having an option for CSVs that you want
to load into some other product might be nice.

This should be a pretty low cost item, I expect (good newbie project?)

thoughts?

cheers

andrew