Snowball and ispell in tsearch2

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Snowball and ispell in tsearch2
Date: 2006-06-07 17:06:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We got a lot requests about including stemmers and ispell dictionaries for all
accessible languages into tsearch2. I understand that tsearch2 will be closer to
end user. But sources of snowball stemmers is about 800kb, each ispell
dictionaries will takes about 0.5-2M. All sizes are sized with compression. I am
afraid that is too big size...

What are opinions?

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/