do XA connections support SSL?

From: Stefan Verkoyen <stefan(dot)verkoyen(at)quesd(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: do XA connections support SSL?
Date: 2006-04-05 14:40:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

in short: is SSL supported in combination with XA?

Some background:
I'm using the PosgreSQL jdbc driver (postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar) to
connect to PostgreSQL 8.1.3 in JBoss 4.0.3SP1. I'm using the XA
functionality (2PC in fact) to perform distributed transactions over 3
DBs. So I'm using XA Datasources in JBoss.

I would like the connections to be encrypted with SSL. I know this is
works for non-XA connections when the JDBC driver is used:
org.postgresql.Driver. In my XA Datasource descriptor I need to use
org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource This class, nor its subclass contain
any ssl property to set.

If SSL is not supported, I will need to use stunnel to encrypt the
connections. Can anybody confirm?

Thanks & best regards,
Stefan