Re: PGobject returned from ResultSet.getObject

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: <till toenges <tt(at)kyon(dot)de>,<pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGobject returned from ResultSet.getObject
Date: 2006-02-09 16:21:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2006 at 7:15 pm, in message
<A74BA11E-BC48-43E4-B5FD-7835C26217D0(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Dave Cramer
<pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:

> Can you give us more information. Is this using a pool, threads?

We have a set of worker threads dealing with requests from a queue,
with one JDBC connection per thread. The only time a separate thread
invokes any methods on the JDBC objects is the occasional
Statement.cancel().

> It would be interesting to see if the rest of the fields are still
> good after the bad one?

I assume that this is the same issue addressed by the patch posted this
morning by Till Toenges. (
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-02/msg00066.php ) Is
there still any need to try to get this information about subsequent
columns?

-Kevin