generic builtin functions

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: generic builtin functions
Date: 2005-11-10 17:02:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am looking at creating a few generic functions builtin for the enum
stuff. These would be tied to each enum type as it is created. However,
they should not really appear in pg_proc initially, as there wouldn't be
any enum types to tie them to anyway. But I want them to have reserved
oids and appear in the list of builtins.

So I could hack genbki to exclude them, or I could add some code to
remove them from pg_proc after the event. Bioth of these some a bit
hackish. Maybe there's a trick I'm not aware of?

cheers

andrew