Re: STL problem in stored procedures

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: STL problem in stored procedures
Date: 2005-10-25 14:24:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>I think he needs to rewrite in C :-(. The backend is not C++ and I
>fear it's unlikely that libc++ will play nicely as a dynamic add-on.

Grrr. I also have a C++ library that I'd like to use from PostgreSQL on
Mac OS X.

I have succeeded in calling a tiny toy C++ shared library from PG, but I
don't know enough to understand what problems might be associated with
using more complicated C++ code.

It would be great if some C++/C guru could make a thorough analysis of
C++ integration issues.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy