installing 8.2 on solaris 10?

From: Gene <genekhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installing 8.2 on solaris 10?
Date: 2007-01-13 04:56:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I've searched google and did not find any tutorials on installing
postgresql 8.2 on solaris 10. I would like to test performance of
solaris vs. linux which I'm much more familiar with. the gentoo ebuild
and fedora rpm do things like create startup scripts / users etc.

Is there a prebuilt package available for solaris 10 somewhere or
should I just follow the instructions here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/install-procedure.html
?

thanks,
gene