Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core
Date: 2005-08-15 20:14:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I do think plruby would be a nice addition to core.

Me too. It needs some work (didn't build out of the box for me against
cvs tip).

FYI, I have a backburner project to create PL/JS, which would a
trusted-only language - JS could actually be quite a nice fit, and it's
probably the most widely known scripting language because of the browser
support.

So much to do, so little time ...

cheers

andrew