Re: odbc win.xp and mandrake 10

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Mie Kie <miekie(dot)lie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc win.xp and mandrake 10
Date: 2005-07-28 13:45:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The problem could be that the PostgreSQL security is not allowing access?
Check that pg_hba.conf is configured for allowed addresses/user accounts.
Check postgresql.conf for the listen_address parameter.
and the log_connection parameter.

If neceesary update your postmaster startup to do logging to a known
location, or just for an exercise restart the post master with
pg_ctl -l log_filename.

Checkout the Postgresql 8.0 Documentation PDF, Chapter 16? It documents
most of the above.

Mie Kie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Windows XP as Client and Mandrake 10.0 as Server. I have installed
> pgsql 8 on mandrake 10. I tried to create connection with odbc but can
> not work. But if i install pgsql 8 on another computer with windows xp
> as a server, i have no problem to create connection with odbc. Anybody
> can help me?
>
> Mie Kie

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 241 bytes