Re: Question on triggers and plpgsql

From: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question on triggers and plpgsql
Date: 2005-04-09 23:47:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

I think I sent my previous message to John only (sorry!)

I just wanted to double check one detail that is not explicitly
stated in the documentation for createlang.

My question is: can I use createlang on a database that is
currently active? That is, a database with plenty of tables
that has been and is currently in use?

My guess is that there should be no problem and no risk in
doing that -- but being my first steps in PL, I wouldn't
like to trust a beginner's intuition for a production
system.

Thanks,

Carlos