Urgent problem: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported

From: Gilles <xiaogil(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Urgent problem: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported
Date: 2005-02-12 15:06:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

When I try to input a unicode caracter which code is greater than
U+20000, phpPgAdmin returns the following error message :

ERROR: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not
supported

Could someone fix this problem ?
If yes, would you please tell me where can i download the new postgre
debian package.

Actually, i need this limitation to be pushed at least to U+2F800, but
10FFFB would even be better (it looks to be the last unicode character,
according the gnome charmap).

I use Debian "testing" with psql 7.4.7

Also, I have experienced the same problem with MySQL 4.1.9, that's what
made me try PostGre.

Thanks for your help,

Gilles Vigner
xiaogil(at)yahoo(dot)fr