PHP/PDO Database Abstraction Layer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: PgSQL ADMIN <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Pgsql-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PHP/PDO Database Abstraction Layer
Date: 2005-02-07 22:02:54
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Has anyone seen the following:

http://pecl.php.net/package/PDO

The description from the site:

PDO provides a uniform data access interface, sporting advanced features
such as prepared statements and bound parameters. PDO drivers are
dynamically loadable and may be developed independently from the core,
but still accessed using the same API.

This API is to replace the existing DB api for PHP 5.1. I have been
talking with some people in the PHP community and they mentioned
it would be great if we could get some people to review the pgsql
driver to make sure it is fully up to snuff.

Anyone up for it? This is our chance to get a really top notch PHP
driver for PostgreSQL that supports all the appropriate goodies.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.
503-667-4564

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes