Re: ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' [x2]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrei Ivanov <andrei(dot)ivanov(at)ines(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' [x2]
Date: 2003-11-20 15:14:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrei Ivanov <andrei(dot)ivanov(at)ines(dot)ro> writes:
> it seems my postgresql data has somehow become corrupted (by a forced
> shutdown I think):

> psql template1 -U shadow
> Password:
> ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node

and

> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' at
> end of plan node
> pg_dump: The command was: select (select usename from pg_user where
> usesysid = datdba) as dba, encoding, datpath from pg_database where
> datname = 'cinema'
> pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on cinema, exiting

These both look like the pg_user view is corrupted.

It seems hard to believe that identical corruption could have affected
two databases at once. Do you see this same problem with all your
databases (if you have any more than template1 and cinema)? If so,
I wonder whether the postgres executable got corrupted --- it'd not be
very common for a system failure to corrupt files that aren't being
modified, but perhaps it could happen. If it is that, you could fix it
with a quick reinstall of the RPM.