online backup in critical systems

From: Michael Ben-Nes <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il>
To: postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: online backup in critical systems
Date: 2004-12-16 08:26:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

Im working with postgresql since version 7.0.x and im very very pleased.
the DB is incredible and work very well.

Lately i been asked to work on a project which require Data safety.
means to avid data lost because fail of hardware or software.

I thought of Replication or / and dump + log SQL commands to a file (
changes since the dump ).

I will be happy to hear the list opinion of how to archive that and i
hope my question will help other to understand what is needed for 24x7
systems.

I also read about arkeia solution, is it part of what i need or i can do
it other wise ?

Thanks :) and keep up the good work

--
Canaan Surfing Ltd.