Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tomasz Olszak <tolszak(at)o2(dot)pl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Date: 2009-03-17 01:38:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That said, I don't see the problem switching to hostname:port. That
seems like a more standard format anyways. It's not a complete
solution to this problem but it does seem like it's less likely to
confuse people and programs, Oracle included. We're getting awfully
conservative about pretty minor changes these days.

--
greg