plperl regression tests

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperl regression tests
Date: 2004-09-01 04:41:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is it possible to test for plperl and add some plperl tests to the
regression suite?

I see the pg_regress installs and runs with_perl=no.
The problem is that cygwin postgres builds and runs fine, only the perl
extensions fails (IPC problem when loading the huge perl dll).

So I really would like to add a simple plperl testcase to the standard
distro. Just the sample from the plperl.sgml would be fine.
Any general objections?
I'll come up with a patch if not, which will check if the postmaster has
plperl support and use it then.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/