Re: Columns out of range-error

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: andreas(dot)percher(at)automedia(dot)de, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Columns out of range-error
Date: 2004-08-22 00:33:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> This should throw an error if you try to setXXX(n,obj) if n is greater
> than the number of parameters you have?

On a PreparedStatement? That throws postgresql.prep.range not
postgresql.res.colrange.

The ResultSet.updateXXX() methods would be the other place I would
expect an exception to be thrown from, but I looked at them just now and
they seem to do no range checking at all -- you'll just get an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException!

-O