Re: No class found for inet

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Antony Paul <antonypaul24(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No class found for inet
Date: 2004-07-11 14:54:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Antony Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using Apache Commons BeanUtils RowSetDynaClass for disconnected
> resul tsets. But it gives error when I pass a ResultSet which contains an
> inet column type what to do with it.

What is the error?

> Why postgres is not providing classes
> for postgres specific data types ?.

Because noone has written support for them yet. java.net.InetAddress is
not a good data container for the inet type as it does not store netmask
information, so we'd need a postgresql-specific type.

It's pretty easy to write code to support new types -- take a look at
how the geometric types (org.postgresql.geometric.*) are supported. Once
written you can either register the class with the driver at runtime
(PGConnection.addDataType) or patch the driver to know about the new
class automatically.

> Using Postgres 7.3

What JDBC driver version?

-O