Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09
Date: 2009-09-16 10:41:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I was thinking that the automatic reconnection capability is the TODO item
> for the later CF. The infrastructure for it has already been introduced in the
> current patch. Please see the macro MAX_WALRCV_RETRIES (backend/
> postmaster/walreceiver.c). This is the maximum number of times to retry
> walreceiver. In the current version, this is the fixed value, but we can make
> this user-configurable (parameter of recovery.conf is suitable, I think).
>
> Also a parameter like retries_interval might be necessary. This parameter
> indicates the interval between each reconnection attempt.
>
> Do you think that these parameters should be introduced right now? or
> the later CF?

I updated the TODO list on the wiki, and marked the items that I'm going to
develop for the later CommitFest.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication#Todo_and_Claim

Do you have any other TODO item? How much is that priority?
And, is there already-listed TODO item which should be developed right
now (CommitFest 2009-09)?

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center