Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ...

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, EG <EG(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Subject: Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ...
Date: 2003-07-25 08:49:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There seems to be some disagreement on whether the Oracle lib checks
> should be in configure for a /contrib module, and I don't know how far
> Hans is. I will say we are probably looking at 7/28 for beta.

I am afraid I won't make it until 7.4beta1.
The problem is that I have not managed to have more than just one
connection to oracle at the same time. For some Oracle reason I don't
know what went wrong. I will have a closer look at that.

However, named connections don't make too much sense with just one
connection ;). I have troubles testing it as long as the connect fails ...
There is some other Oracle specific stuff which seems to be more painful
than I have expected.
Have I already told you that I hate Oracle?

Let's wait for the next major release and prepare something really
useful. I am still not quite satisfied with what we have at the moment.

Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria