Re: Patch applied for SQL Injection vulnerability for setObject(int, Object, int)

From: Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc-list <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kim Ho <kho(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch applied for SQL Injection vulnerability for setObject(int, Object, int)
Date: 2003-07-23 17:28:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I haven't seen the code... but, I I understand correctly what you are
describing, "does the regular escaping like setString(), but doesn't
include th einput in quotes), I don't understand how it helps to fix
that "security problem" that started all this...
Won't something like "select * from users where id in ?" get
translated into 'select * from users where id in (1);drop table users'
just like before after a
setObject (1, "(1);drop table users", Typed.NUMERIC)?

As far as I remember, setString () does not escape semicolons, right?

Dima