Re: 7.4 features list

From: Patrick Macdonald <patrickm(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 features list
Date: 2003-05-05 19:52:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> When we started on 7.4 development, I was hoping for three major
> features:
>
> o PITR (point-in-time recovery)
> o Win32 port
> o Master-slave Postgres-R
>
> Now, the last one isn't going to happen because we didn't get any
> funding for the replication guys. The first one is being worked on by
> Patrick at Red Hat, and I have seen a patch, but I am not sure how close
> it is to completion. Patrick?

I am not near completion. However, I did post the remaining issues to
the hacker list last week. At the moment, there does not seem to be
negative feedback with the proposed modifications so I'll take that as
acceptance.

At the moment, I'm looking at a staggered integration at best. I'd
like to get the on-disk changes into cvs asap. The rest can be pieced
in over the next month or so. It's not the best solution but it is
manageable.

Patrick