Re: newbie question for return date

From: Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>
To: missive(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie question for return date
Date: 2002-10-29 01:12:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey a suggestion, what if PG would support the negative limit as in
select * from table limit -1 to mean limit it from the other end of
list.....

Sort of like some languages where they support

array[1] vs array[-1].

I'm not sure, but it looks like order by will sort the list which is
expensive and then
allow us to get the first chunk specified by limit.