postgreSQL driver installation on Oracle9i Application Server

From: Anandhi Narayanaswamy <a_narayanaswamy(at)fccc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgreSQL driver installation on Oracle9i Application Server
Date: 2002-08-28 15:08:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have a servlet running on Oracle9i Application Server on a solaris
box. This servlet accesses a postgreSQL database on another machine. I
installed the postgreSQL jdbc driver on the machine hosting the
application server and specified its location in the classpath.

When I try to run the servlet from the web, I get this error:

Connect Err: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver
Driver
Loaded: Making Connection Connect Err: java.sql.SQLException: No
suitable driver

Wondering if anybody has experience with Oracle9iAS configuration before
and could enlighten me on what I am missing.

Thanks,
Anandhi