Re: Table Function API doc patch

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table Function API doc patch
Date: 2002-07-11 03:34:33
Lists: pgsql-patches

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Are table functions going to make it into pl/pgsql fro 7.3? I recall there
> was a discussion of the syntax, but was any decision made upon a final
> syntax?

Well, it's still on my list. Sorry I never responded to your question
the other day about peoples' queues, but mine looks like:

1. contrib/tablefunc -- some examples of usage of the Table Function
API. Per previous deiscussions, this will include some form of
(probably renamed) show_all_vars(), as well one or two others. This
is pretty far along already.
2. other GUC related change discussed here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-06/msg00229.php
Still lots to do yet here.
3. PL/pgSQL support for Table Functions -- syntax and other details are
yet to be discussed in any real detail.
4. Changes to contrib/dblink to make use of the Table Function API, and
support for cursors.

I'm not sure that this will all get done in time for 7.3 or not, but I
will for sure try.

Joe