Re: plpython function problem workaround

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date: 2005-03-18 02:48:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> Line-ending CRs stripped, even inside quotes; mid-line CRs converted
> to LF. Tests done with Python 2.4 on FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE; I wonder
> what Python on Windows would do.

Unfortunately, I don't think that proves anything, because according
to earlier discussion Python will do newline-munging when it reads
a file (including a script file). The question that we have to deal
with is what are the rules for a string fed to PyRun_String ... and it
seems those rules are not the same.