Re: Strange error related to temporary tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Strange error related to temporary tables
Date: 2006-09-01 14:27:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com> writes:
> I executed what you suggest below, see the results below. Short
> conclusion: the type is there in pg_type, the relation is not there in
> pg_class. Is there anything I should look for more ?

> test03=> select oid, xmin from pg_type where typname = 'temp_report';
> oid | xmin
> 58293995 | 220215039
> (1 row)

Is this xmin quite a bit older than what you get for a freshly-created
temp table? Can you find any entries in pg_depend that show the above
OID as either objid or refobjid?

Also, it's fairly likely (not certain) that the table associated with
this pg_type entry had OID one less, ie 58293994. Can you find any
trace of that OID in pg_depend, or in pg_class for that matter?