Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1

From: Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Frans Van Elsacker <fve(at)atbib(dot)be>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, jbj(at)redhat(dot)com, gafton(at)redhat(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Date: 1999-12-17 05:54:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen wrote:

> More information: it seems that the i18n support is the cause of this. If you
> remove or rename the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and restart, then even the fresh
> RedHat 6.1 install provides the correct results for this query. This file, I
> think, is created during a fresh installation of RH 6.1 -- it doesn't seem to
> belong to any RPM. An upgrade wouldn't create this file..... (Jeff? Cristian?
> am I right on this?)

Still more data...

After renaming the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and rebooting, the perl module
Date::Manip timezone lookup failure described previously has ceased.

It seems there may be at least two issues, possibly related. My pgsql regression
tests were fixed by nuking the pgsql-related RPMs, but that didn't fix the
Date::Manip perl module problem. Renaming i18n did. I didn't test the
SELECT query in question prior to making these changes, but that SELECT query does
indeed now return expected results.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr