FOUND with EXECUTE

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FOUND with EXECUTE
Date: 2007-10-16 01:24:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

Is there a technical reason we do not set the value of FOUND when
executing a dynamic statement in plpgsql?

It seems surprising that FOUND is set by SELECT, PERFORM, UPDATE,
INSERT, DELETE, etc, *except* when those statements are invoked by
EXECUTE.

I had a brief look at the code in pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c, and
couldn't see any screamingly obvious reasons not to set FOUND in
exec_stmt_dynexecute in much the same way we do in exec_stmt_execsql.

Thanks for your time,
BJ