Re: InsertXLogFile in pg_resetxlog

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: InsertXLogFile in pg_resetxlog
Date: 2006-05-01 19:05:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/1/06, Jonah H. Harris <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I just scanned it, and it's pretty ugly overall. Did one of you guys
> want to clean it up? If not, I'll do it today.

While refactoring the patch, I've noticed that this patch allowed
pg_resetxlog to proceed while the server could potentially be up... is
this the desired behavior or should we require the lock file to be
removed first (as it was prior to this patch)?

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation