Re : pg_dump auto login

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Warren <warren(at)clarksnutrition(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : pg_dump auto login
Date: 2007-10-24 08:42:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Warren,

make sure that the pgpass.conf contains the correct entries (server name, user name, password).
If you are prompted for a password, it's because pg_dump could not find a matching entry to what is specified in your pg_dump command.
You can make a test with pgAdmin and if it prompts your for a password then you can type it then and ask to save it (that will be in your pgpass.conf) ... then next time, you will not be prompted any more in pg_dump or pgAdmin.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy