Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables
Date: 2013-03-10 18:32:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
> [ pgsql-v9.3-writable-fdw-poc.v12.part-1/2.patch ]

Applied after rather extensive editorialization. DELETE RETURNING in
particular was a mess, and I also tried to make SELECT FOR UPDATE behave
in what seemed like a sane fashion.

There's a lot left to do here of course. One thing I was wondering
about was why we don't allow DEFAULTs to be attached to foreign-table
columns. There was no use in it before, but it seems sensible enough
now.