Re: XLogInsert

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XLogInsert
Date: 2009-12-09 07:04:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I've attached a patch which removes the iteration over the blocks to be
> backed-up from the critical section of XLogInsert.  Now those blocks are
> only looped over in one piece of code which both computes the CRC and builds
> the linked list, rather than having parallel loops.

ok, i started to review this one...

what the patch is doing seems very obvious and doesn't break the
original logic AFAIUI (i could be wrong, this seems like chinese to me
;)

i made some tests archiving wal and recovering... crashing the server
and restarting... every test was running the regression tests,
don't know what else to do, ideas?

i haven't made any performance tests but it should gain something :),
maybe someone can make those tests?

if not, i will mark the patch as ready for committer some time in the
next hours...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova