Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
Date: 2009-07-11 00:56:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Jaime
Casanova<jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Mark Kirkwood<markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz> wrote:
>>
>> So here is my initial attempt at this, at this point merely to spark
>> discussion (attached patch)
>>

> this patch doesn't apply cleanly to head... can you update it, please?

i did it myself, i think this is something we need...

this compile and seems to work... something i was wondering is that
having the total time of lock waits is not very accurate because we
can have 9 lock waits awaiting 1 sec each and one awaiting for 1
minute... simply sum them all will give a bad statistic or am i
missing something?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova