Re: Minimum supported version of Python?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minimum supported version of Python?
Date: 2014-03-18 22:37:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 3/17/14, 10:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It doesn't pass the regression tests. Do you need more of a bug report
>> than that?

> It does pass the tests for me and others. If you are seeing something
> different, then we need to see some details, like what platform, what
> version, what Python version, how installed, what PostgreSQL version,
> how installed, actual diffs, etc.

After further experimentation, I've found that 2.3 does pass the regression
tests if one installs the separately-available cdecimal module. So my
complaint reduces to the fact that our "Requirements" documentation
doesn't mention the need for this. Do you have an objection to adding
something there?