Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-02-28 01:55:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Feb 27, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:

> Now, it's confusing that it has to go through hstore, perhaps, but
> that's hardly all that bad in and of itself.

Yes, it is. It strikes me as irrational to have jsonb depend on hstore. Let's be honest with ourselves: if we were starting over, we wouldn't start by creating our own proprietary hierarchical type and then making the hierarchical type everyone else uses depend on it. hstore exists because json didn't. But json does now, and we shouldn't create a jsonb dependency on hstore.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
xof(at)thebuild(dot)com