Unexpected Statement Caching with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

From: "Nicholas E(dot) Wakefield" <nwakefield(at)KineticNetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unexpected Statement Caching with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Date: 2006-08-11 00:37:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm executing 'SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP' from a statement object with
auto commit off and prepare threshold set to 1. I'm finding that the
result comes back the same for after multiple calls and instantiations
of the statement object(The same happens for a prepared statement).
However this does not occur when I perform a commit before or after
every call.

Is this expected behaviour?