PostgreSQL Consultant Needed in Portland, OR

From: "Bolognese, Dave" <dbolognese(at)clearbridgetech(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Consultant Needed in Portland, OR
Date: 2013-03-08 18:35:55
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hi,

I have a client in Portland, OR that needs a PostgreSQL consultant for a 6 month contract. I have included the job description for your review. Please let me know if you have any interest. If you are not interested, please keep me in mind if you know of anyone that might be. We have a $1500 referral bonus and I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Regards,

Dave Bolognese
Sr. Technical Recruiter

ClearBridge Technology Group
6 Fortune Drive
Billerica, MA 01821
Direct: (781) 966-3501
Toll Free: (877) 808-2284 ext 3501
Mobile: (978) 317-2839
Fax: (978) 667-0714
dbolognese(at)clearbridgetech(dot)com<mailto:dbolognese(at)clearbridgetech(dot)com>
www.clearbridgetech.com<http://www.clearbridgetech.com/>

Our client located in Portland OR is in need of a Database Administrator for a 6 month contract. The Administrator is responsible for maintaining database environments to support software development/maintenance efforts. Researches, designs and implements advanced new applications or technologies resulting in new business opportunities for our client.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Provides technical and/or consulting leadership.

* Oversees conformance to departmental standards for data names, database design documentation and database I/O techniques.

* Analyze business processes application requirements to produce formal analysis and/or design documents.

* Create design documents and module specifications with little or no direction from project lead or supervision.

* Improves software functionality, quality or development productivity.

* Develops and implements application test plans including, both integration and full system plans for publications, software and training materials.

* Reviews and provides input to technical writers and training developers on application specific publications, on-line help implementation, and if appropriate, training class development.

* Provides accurate time estimates for designing, coding and testing; creates status reports.

* Participates in code reviews for other development projects.

* Plans, implements and enforces backup, recovery and security.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

* Must have experience with PostgreSQL, RedHat and High Availability clustering

HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:

* PHP experience is a plus