Re: EvalPlanQual seems a tad broken

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: EvalPlanQual seems a tad broken
Date: 2009-10-13 14:45:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is this related to issue 4593?

No, not directly. Now that locking is done in a separate plan node,
we could think about addressing #4593 by switching the order of the
LockRows and Sort plan nodes, but that has nothing to do with how
well EvalPlanQual works.

I was planning to start a separate thread discussing whether to do that,
but it's a bit moot until we have a fix for EvalPlanQual --- at least
one of the possible answers is to throw out EvalPlanQual altogether and
do something else, in which case LockRows might go away again.