Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Date: 2011-02-13 20:52:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
>> OK, so with that, attached is an example of the complete conversion diff
>> for a contrib module (hstore in particular). Although "git status"

> I see you're not using the @extschema@ placeholder in the upgrade
> script. It is intentional?

Yes, it should be unnecessary given the search_path setup done by
execute_extension_script(). Also, I think that a relocatable
extension's script should not be subject to @extschema@ substitution,
no matter what.

> I think you'd be interested into this reworked SQL query. It should be
> providing exactly the script file you need as an upgrade from unpackaged.

This seems overly complicated. I have a version of it that I'll publish
as soon as I've tested it on all the contrib modules ...