Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2010-08-10 17:22:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> On 10 August 2010 16:26, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I don't see how that's possible, unless your browser is eating cookies
>> for breakfast. There's no code anywhere in the application to (a)
>> remove cookies from the database or (b) refuse to use cookies that are
>> in the database based on the time they were issued. I can change the
>> code to set an expires header (in fact, I'm working on that that now),
>> but the symptoms you describe are inexplicable.

> Not anything to do with this?:
> http://hivelogic.com/articles/the-safari-cookie-issue-fixed

Dunno, because that update was months ago. Robert's comments make the
situation even odder, though, because I have *always* seen the
commitfest app want me to log back in anytime I hadn't used it recently.
I assumed that was policy. I only complained because the timeout seemed
to have dropped to an irrationally short value during this fest.

Anyway, maybe setting a normal expires date will make it work better.