Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date: 2015-09-05 16:05:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> If there are not major objections, I'll work on cleaning up and
> committing the patch.

Pushed. I'm not too sure about the expected outputs for python other
than 2.6, nor for sepgsql, but hopefully the buildfarm will provide
feedback.

BTW, I noticed that the PageOutput line counts for psql's usage(),
slashUsage(), and helpVariables() were all three wrong, which I'm afraid
has been their usual state in the past too. Since commit 07c8651dd91d5aea
there's been a pretty easy way to check them, which I added comments
about; but I don't hold much hope that that will fix anything. I wonder
whether there's some way to not need to maintain those counts manually.