Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mario Weilguni <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...
Date: 2002-08-13 16:33:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Mario Weilguni <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com> writes:
> I checked it again, it are exactly 301 files from oid2names (2 were header).

> This info is from the database itself:
> cms=# SELECT count(1) from pg_class ;
> count
> -------
> 476
> (1 row)

> cms=# SELECT count(1), relkind from pg_class group by relkind;
> count | relkind
> -------+---------
> 7 | S
> 299 | i
> 103 | r
> 1 | s
> 43 | t
> 23 | v

> And there are 443 files in the directory (without pg_internal.init, pgsql_tmp, PG_VERSION, and one pg_largeobject file 16404.1)

> Lets see:
> 476 entries - 23 views - 1 pg_xactlock - 7 sequences makes 445 entities, still off by 2. But it seems oid2name does not list some files.

The sequences should have files, so I make it 452 pg_class rows that
should have corresponding files. However, those rows that have
relisshared = 't' correspond to files in $PGDATA/global, not files
in your per-database directory. In 7.2 I believe there should be ten
such rows, one of which is pg_xactlock, so 443 seems the correct count.

Could you make a list of the pg_class.relfilenode values for
'S','i','r','t' rows (excluding relisshared rows), and compare that
against what oid2name is reporting to see what it is missing or
getting wrong?