Re: patch for contrib/xml2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nikolay(at)samokhvalov(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for contrib/xml2
Date: 2006-09-16 16:21:18
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Here is the patch for contrib/xml2 (attached), that:
> - renames xml_valid() to xml_is_well_formed()
> - adds PG_MODULE_MAGIC; at the beginning of xpath.c
> - introduces xpath_array() function
> - adds some words about that function and caution about libraries to README

I've applied the part of this patch that renames xml_valid() to
xml_is_well_formed(), as well as the documentation fix. The
PG_MODULE_MAGIC problem was already fixed a few days ago.

I did not apply the addition of xpath_array, on the grounds that
it's well past feature freeze and there doesn't seem to be any
consensus in favor of adding it now. We should revisit this in
8.3 instead.