Did we really want to force an initdb in beta2?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Did we really want to force an initdb in beta2?
Date: 2010-06-03 14:54:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Because that's the consequences of fooling with pg_control.
I committed the PG_CONTROL_VERSION bump that was missing from
the patch Robert committed last night, but I wonder whether
we shouldn't revert the whole thing instead. It's not apparent
to me that what it bought is worth forcing beta testers to initdb.