Re: machine-readable explain output v4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: machine-readable explain output v4
Date: 2009-08-09 19:57:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Revised patch attached. I'm not convinced this is as good as it can
> be, but I've been looking at this patch for so long that I'm starting
> to get cross-eyed, and I'd like to Tom at least have a look at this
> and assess it before we run out of CommitFest.

I'm starting to look at this now. I feel unqualified to opine on the
quality of the XML/JSON schema design, and given the utter lack of
documentation of what that design is, I'm not sure that anyone who
could comment on it has done so. Could we have a spec please?

Also, the JSON code seems a bit messy/poorly factorized. Is there
a reason for that, or just it's not as mature as the XML code?