About sequences that works BAD !!!!

From: "Alexis Palma Espinosa" <apalma(at)uci(dot)cu>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About sequences that works BAD !!!!
Date: 2006-06-14 18:02:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello everyone:

We are working with serials fields and we found a problem with then: When we insert in a table that has e unique restrict, and this makes insert fails, the sequence increments anyway...¿What we can do about it?

We hope you can help us.....

Alexis Palma Espinosa.

Ingeniero en Informática.

"If you are not part of the solution...you are part of the problem"