Re: [CORE] Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date: 2007-09-03 20:00:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-de-allgemein

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Of course, that's 70% of -advocacy, which by nature is going to be the
>> subset of the community most interested in this change and least
>> interested in the ensuing costs.

> It seems there were a significant number of people with swag who will
> pay the cost somehow.

That's adopting exactly the view I thought it was, that only directly
marketing-related costs matter. Again, this seems to be considering
only advocacy-related concerns.

I'll confine my reply to one point: do you have any idea what will
happen if I try to change the default PGDATA location on Red Hat
from /var/lib/pgsql to something else?