Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Haggerty <mhagger(at)alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>, Max Bowsher <maxb(at)f2s(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Date: 2010-09-17 17:46:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> Just to confirm, you ran your patch against current cvs, right? So you
> also got the "hunk succeeded at offset 1 line" a whole bunch of times?
> Then it's not that that's broken.

Right, the patch still applies fine, it's just off by a line or so in
many places (probably because of the new REL9_0_0 tags).

> The script I've run is on http://github.com/mhagander/pggit_migrate -
> it's the "migrate_cvs.sh" script. The repository_fixups script is a
> direct import of yours except I added a "set -e" at the start.

Hmm. I didn't try rsync'ing from anoncvs ... I logged into the master
and tar'd up the /cvsroot directory ;-). I wonder if there's something
wrong with the anoncvs copy of that subdirectory? Will do the rsync
and compare.