Re: Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL

From: <chrisnospam(at)1006(dot)org>
To: <ggh(dot)develop(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL
Date: 2006-09-05 14:26:09
Lists: pgsql-general

> 3. About the ambitious project "protopg", I success to compile this
> projects but the parser fall. The parse have a problem with a word
> "CONSTRAINT", see below:
> protopg-20060905 : ./ora_parser < tes.sql
> -- syntax error, unexpected "CONSTRAINT", expecting ORA_ID on line 6
> --
>
> -- BEGIN OF UNRECOGNIZED STATEMENT
> CREATE TABLE v5templates . cmt_items ( item_id NUMBER ( 7 ) ,
> template_id NUMBER ( 7 ) , page_title VARCHAR2 ( 100 ) , CONSTRAINT
> pk_cmt PRIMARY KEY ( item_id ) ) ;
> -- END OF UNRECOGNIZED STATEMENT
>
> I will try debug it, or maybe send a mail to the developer/contacts.

That would be me ;)

Protopg knows only a small part of Oracle Syntax. It's origins are
a academic background were we had one sample DB and were looking
how far we got in translating that one. If you throw random Oracle
DBs at it, it will likely stumble over some pieces. Nonetheless it
might be partially helpful.

If you like it, subscribe to
http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/protopg-developers

If nothing else, when we put out some prerelease, it would be
cool if you could help us testing it with your test case :)

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair
http://www.1006.org